Designed with high quality fabric and craftsmanship, the Suicide Prevention Smock offers comfort, coverage, and warmth without compromising safety, security, and overall effectiveness.
Made for hospitals, prisons, and mental health and behavioral care facilities, this anti-suicide smock is meant to be worn by high-risk inmates and patients to help prevent suicide attempts and self-harm.
The suicide prevention smock ensures warmth and comfort and does not obstruct the wearer's movements. It also has easily adjustable straps to ensure a proper, comfortable fit.
Durable, high-quality construction also helps to reduce the risk of accidental opening and exposure and maintain the wearer's dignity.
- Argentino brand
- 5 Layer Quilted FR Aramid fabric with Ballistic nylon middle layer which stops tearing
- Made in Canada
- Fire retardant
- One size fits all (Small to XL)
How It Works
The Suicide Prevention smock from Argentino is made from 5 layers of quilted FR Aramid fabric with a ballistic nylon middle layer that prevents the material from being rolled, twisted, ripped, or torn. This aids in the prevention of suicide, as it hinders inmates or patients from using the fabric to create a weapon or hanging mechanism.
The Argentino Suicide Prevention Smock can be used in any of the following facilities to aid in the prevention of suicide and self-harm:
- Detention and correctional facilities
- Mental health hospitals
- Psychiatric institutions
- Behavioral health care facilities
- Substance abuse treatment centers
- Security, police, sheriff, and EMS departments
- Department of Defense facilities
- Long-term care facilities
- Suicide prevention centers
- Other public safety institutions focused on rehabilitation and creating therapeutic environments